Would you like to get involved in intercultural and social activities, refresh your language skills and make international friends? Then become a Buddy and make contacts with students from all over the world. We are looking forward to your application.
What does a buddy do?
The main tasks of our Buddy include:
- E-mail contact before and after arrival
- Organise the key to the apartment
- Reception of international students at the train station and escort to the accommodation
- Assistance with questions about studying, housing and living in Offenburg
- First orientation at the university: Where can you find important facilities such as the library, cafeteria, International Center?
- City walk: Where can you find the most important things in Offenburg: going out, shopping, doctors
- General assistance with enrolment, immigration office, opening a bank account
What does the program offer?
As a special reward for your commitment you will receive:
- Proof of honorary commitment, as well as up to 3 points for the certificate "Intercultural Competence"
- Alternative: the possibility of financial compensation
What requirements do i have to fulfill?
How can i register?
Would you like to become a buddy?
Buddies for exchange students please contact Susanne Ziemer.
Buddies for international students of the Graduate School please contact the respective coordinator:
We are looking forward to your registration!
Theresa A.: "I met many international students through the Buddy Program and have since made friends for life. Try it out."
Steffi R.: "The experiences from the Buddy Program have confirmed that I would like to work in an international environment after graduation. It has given me a lot of pleasure."
Tobias E.: "It made my life a little more colorful. I would like to spend a semester abroad now."