Information for Students During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Version 13 (19 May 2020)
Note that the state of information can change at short notice. Please check updates regularly.
Offenburg University continues to be closed to the public. All services do remain available to members of the University; however, they are all organized in ways such as to avoid the need for personal contact wherever possible. Contact with the individual service areas can be established, for example, by email and regular mail, online via the corresponding websites, and by phone.
Due to the ongoing legal provisions and contact restrictions, classroom-based (in-person) teaching is not possible for the time being. University Management is trying to find ways to master the balancing act between suspending classroom-based teaching and still enabling all students to achieve credits and take exams as planned. To this end, many courses have been converted to online formats.
- The start of the 2020/21 winter semester will be postponed, and catch-up appointments will principally be possible until the (delayed) beginning of classes.
- For the current summer semester, all automatic registrations for examinations (including second repeat exams) can be nullified with an informal application to the Registrar's office. Nevertheless, the required interview with the relevant examiner have to be held this semester, so that you can be registered for the exam (and can thus be exempted from it at all).
- The Pentecoast Break has been canceled, meaning classes will meet at regular schedule from June 2-5. (June 1 remains a national holiday, hence no classes on that day.)
- In addition, some additional classes may be offered in block format on Saturdays.
- No classes or examinations will be held between 10 August and 12 September 2020.
- Concrete regulations for the examination phase are to be decided depending on developments, so no binding regulations can be given yet at this point. Attempts attempt will be made to complete the examination phase by 8 August 2020, but for lower semesters (1-3), examination dates may extend through 14 September 2020.
The Rectorate orders the following measures for the protection of all members of Hochschule Offenburg:
1. The current regulation is that anyone entering Germany from a non-EU country must be placed in domestic quarantine for 14 days. This also applies to entries from an EU member state, a Schengen-associated state or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the case that more than 50 COVID-19 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants have been detected there within the past seven days. Decisive for this assessment is the data available at the RKI, available online at: https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Quarantaene_Einreisen_Deutschland.html. For further details and exceptions, please refer to the Ordinance of the Ministry of Social Affairs on quarantine measures for incoming and outgoing travellers to contain the SARS-Cov-2 virus.
2. Individuals who have had or still have contact with persons infected with the coronavirus may not enter the University for 14 days after contact, unless they can prove that they are free of coronavirus As a rule, those affected are then obliged to be isolated at home (decisions on exceptions to home isolation, e.g. isolation in a hospital, are to be made by authorized personnel). Contact persons of contact persons do not have to go into isolation at present.
3. Affected students are asked to contact the address firstname.lastname@example.org if they have questions.
Outdated information deleted
Item 1 (regulations on quarantine) amended
Online semester format continued until further notice
Updates summer semester; exam regulations; traveler/commuter regulations
University responding to tighter regulations
|8||Item 1 risky regions added||18.03.2020|
|7||Changes for the 2020 summer semester added||16.03.2020|
|6||Item 5 amended||12.03.2020|
|5||Item 5 amended||12.03.2020|
|4||Region Grand Est assessed as a risk region by the RKI.||11.03.2020|
|3||Region Grand Est added.||11.03.2020|
|2||Item 3 amended||10.03.2020|