Knowledge and Technology Transfer
Knowledge and technology transfer is not a one-way street. This is why Hochschule Offenburg cooperates with companies, clusters and research networks on a trusting basis so that scientific findings can be transferred to companies in the region, new ideas from the economy and from society can be adopted, and innovations can be jointly developed and promoted.
Institutions and project formats with a particular transfer orientation at Hochschule Offenburg are:
- Regional Innovation Center of Energy Engineering - RIZ Energie: As part of the regional development concept of the Southern Upper Rhine Competitive Region (RegioWIN), a new research building with a large laboratory has been constructed on the main campus as a plus-energy building. It is financed by a group of donors, the University and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The University's diverse research activities related to resource and energy efficiency are brought together here.
- Knowledge Transfer Upper Rhine (KTUR): The project addresses the cross-border transfer of knowledge and technology between research institutions, universities, companies and intermediaries in the Upper Rhine region; funded by Interreg V (2019-2022). Focussed on the needs of the regional economy, measures for further education, business start-ups, cross-border innovation events, as well as a single entry point for industry and a modularly adaptable research-to-business information and exchange platform will be implemented.
- DIGIHUB Südbaden: This network, funded by the Baden-Württemberg Economic Ministry (2019-2021), brings together the different market participants, projects and initiatives of the Southern Upper Rhine and High Rhine regions in the field of digitization. Offenburg University is one of the network's locations, with the main objective to support companies in the digital transformation with information, guidelines, consulting, and impulses for the implementation of sustainable solutions.
- Regional Innovation Team - INNO TEAM: Also funded by the Baden-Württemberg Economic Ministry (2019-2021), this project serves to strengthen the networking of regional innovation actors. The Innovation Team will develop a transparent portfolio of transfer formats tailored to small and medium-sized companies to facilitate the time- and resource-intensive search for suitable partners for innovation projects.
- Industry on Campus - IoC: This research and transfer project (funded by the Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts, 2011-2016) in cooperation with regional companies was used to develop new facilities and processes for the production and use of biogas from renewable resources.
Publications resulting from our research and development projects as well as our students' theses can be searched via the university publication server OPUS-HSO.
Knowledge transfer in terms of continuous personnel development also includes our Institute for Scientific Continuing Education – IWW.
The Start-Up Office ("Gründerbüro") supports students and employees of the university in the development and realization of business ideas and start-up processes.
The Prorector for Knowledge and Technology Transfer provides advisory services on inventions and patents.