Tuition and Fees
Hochschule Offenburg currently charges an administrative fee of 70 EUR per semester and a social contribution for the Studierendenwerk Freiburg of 46 EUR.
Students of the Graduate School's Master's degree programs also pay a service fee of 150 EUR per semester, unless they are subject to the obligation to pay fees as an international student.
Students in the Bachelor’s degree programs
· Elektrotechnik/Informationstechnik-plus (EI-plus)
· Mechatronik-plus (MK-plus)
· Medientechnik/Wirtschaft-plus (MW-plus)
· Wirtschaftsinformatik-plus (WIN-plus)
· Elektrische Energietechnik/Physik-plus (EP-plus)
and the vocational-training Master's programs
· Berufliche Bildung Elektrotechnik/Informationstechnik (EI-BB)
· Berufliche Bildung Mechatronik (MK-BB)
· Berufliche Bildung Informatik/Wirtschaft (IW-BB)
· Berufliche Bildung Medientechnik/Wirtschaft (MW-BB)
· Berufliche Bildung Elektrische Energietechnik/Physik (EP-BB)
have to pay an additional contribution of 22 EUR for local public transport (semester ticket) in accordance with the regulations of the Studierendenwerk Freiburg.
If you are enrolled at two universities at the same time, you only have to pay the fees at one of them.
Tuition for International Students and Students in Second-Degree Studies
Since the 2017/18 winter semester, universities in the state of Baden-Württemberg charge tuition fees of 1,500 EUR per semester for international students and 650 EUR per semester for students in their second semester.
Further information on these fees can be found here:
Exceptions to the obligation to pay fees for international students:
According to § 3 LHGebG, international students who are not citizens of an EU/EEA country and do not have a German university entrance qualification must pay tuition for international students. However, the law provides for a few exceptions:
Students who were enrolled at a Studienkolleg in Baden-Württemberg in the academic year of 2016/17 are exempt from the tuition for international students in the program in which they are enrolled for the first time immediately after the successful completion of the Feststellungsprüfung.
International students according to § 3 LHGebG and students of a second degree course according to § 8 LHGebG who were already enrolled in a degree course at a university in Baden-Württemberg when this regulation came into force can continue in this course of study at this university free of charge.
To assess your obligation to pay tuition, you can use the following form:
Complete the form and send it to the following address, together with the necessary supporting documents:
To apply for the waiver, please use the appropriate application form:
- Application for Exemption from Fees for International Students
- Application for Exemption from Fees for a Second Degree Course
According to § 6 para. 4 and 5 LHGebG, Offenburg University may fully or partially exempt a limited number of international students from the obligation to pay the tuition fee for international students if it considers them to be exceptionally gifted. The requirements etc. are regulated in the Statutes for Exemption from Tuition Fees for International Students on the Basis of Exceptional Talent. The number of maximum exemptions per semester can be found in the corresponding announcement.
- Satzung für die Befreiung von der Studiengebühr für Internationale Studierende aufgrund besonderer Begabung - [German Statutes]
- Statutes for Exemption from Tuition Fees for International Students on the Basis of Exceptional Talent [English translation]
- Announcement for the 2021 Summer Semester (in German)
- Application for Exemption from Fees for International Students - German Form
- English reading version of the Application for Exemption from Fees for International Students
Special tuition fees for MBA programs
For the program International Business Consulting (IBC) and the continuing-education program MBA part-time, special tuition fees are charged., which are subject to separate fee regulations.