Communication and Media Engineering
• Completed language level A1.1 according to GeR (CEFR)
|Learning target / Competences||
German 1: A1.2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, CEFR
• Listening: Understanding familiar words and very simple phrases that relate to the participant itself, its family, or to concrete things around the participant, provided it is spoken slowly and clearly.
• Reading: Understand some familiar names, words, and very simple sentences, e.g. on signs, posters or in catalogues.
• Speaking: Communicate in a simple way when the interlocutor is ready to repeat or say something more slowly, and help the participant to formulate what he is trying to say. Simply ask and answer simple questions as long as they are directly necessary and very familiar. Speaking: Use simple phrases and phrases to describe people you know and describe where you live.
• Writing: Write a short simple postcard, e.g. name, address, nationality, etc., on forms.
The course focuses on communicative tasks and everyday situations related to topics such job and profession, travel, eating & drinking, living, leisure time, encounters and events. Regarding grammar the focus is on repetition of vocabulary and grammar (level A1.1), tenses, separable and inseparable verbs, verbs with prepositions, modal verbs, temporal and local prepositions.
German 2: A2.1 according to CEFR
• Understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
• Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
• Describe in simple terms aspects of your background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Intensive practice of listening, reading, speaking and writing with different authentic types of text.
|Hours per week||4.0|
|Requirements for awarding credit points||
German as a Foreign Language 1: Written exam K90 must be passed
German as a Foreign Language 2: Written exam K90
Conversation and Presentation in English: Assignment HA
|Credits and grades||
4 CP, K90 bzw. HA
Stopfkuchen, Michael, M.A.
|Maximum number of participants||24|
|Recommended semester||1 - 2|
Master's degree program CME
Conversation and Presentation in English
German as a Foreign Language 1
German as a Foreign Language 2