International Business Consulting
Basic knowledge in Business Adminiatration for Corporate Finance I (1. semester) and knowledge/expertsie from Corporate Finance I for Corporate Finance II (2. semester).
|Learning target / Competences||
The aim of the course is to introduce students to concepts in corporate finance. At the end of the course students will be able to evaluate the most common concepts and techniques used in corporate finance; therefore students will build up an expertise to
- evaluate investment alternatives using static and dynamic methods
- determine ”best” financial options for financing the investments
- illustrate the impact of investments on the financial year statement
- manage and monitor the liquidity level using the toll of Working Capital Management.
- understand the interconnection between financial decisions and strategic management.
- see the broader application of financial concepts to control and lead business incl. strategic change.
- understand how shareholders and capital markets value business and returns.
|Credits and grades||
Part 1: written examination (60 min)
Part 2: The course is finalized with an assessment paper of approx. 1,500 words based on a real-life case study. Students will have to evaluate and apply concepts and techniques used in VBM. The course grade is based on the assessment paper as well as course participation.
Both grades are equally weighed in the module grade. The module grade is factored in 7/90 in the final grade.
Prof. Dr. Rainer Fischer
|Maximum number of participants||20|
|Recommended semester||1 and 2|
The content of the module can also be used for the University's own Part Time Program "General Management" as well as for general business or industrial engineering master programs of other universities (in Germany and abroad).
Corporate Finance II
Corporate Finance I